Sunday, March 21, 2010

Big Weekend



So this guy shows up this weekend and it turns out to be Pete's dad. What a really cool guy! Check out this picture of me charming my way into his lap. He immediately took us to the woods for a long run and I didn't even have to wear a leash. According to Pete, he is something called a "Snakeeater", which I don't understand because I didn't see him eat any snakes all weekend. He did however show me how to drink water from a creek, how to take a nap in the truck, how to run on a treadmill and about the magic of "Cow TV". I spent alot of time returning tennis balls --for some reason he compulsively throws tennis balls to no one in particular and I help him out by returning them to him (check out my skills in this video -- at the end of the video, I got distracted and disappear off-camera to go play with Pete):
Most importantly he taught me about never touching a woman's shoes. Evidently, that's a very touchy subject with female humans. Pa thought I was a very interesting fellow and said that if we were somehow able to strap a meter to my butt and get paid a dime per step, that we would be able to eradicate the national debt within a couple of weeks. I am a busy fellow and have many important things to accomplish everyday. I usually have to sort all the toys out and in order to do that I must first take an inventory of all my toys. This is a simple process but it requires me to move all of my toys to the backyard for inspection. Additionally, I must ensure Pete gets his exercise so I wrestle with him at least 5 hours a day. I also must ensure that any markings the neighbor's dogs may have left in our yard has been properly covered with our family's special scent. It's a constant battle just to keep up with my to do list, luckily my foster mom ensures I get 8 hours sleep a night. That's good because that's the only time I sleep. I don't like to take naps --life's too short for sleeping during the day. My motto is eat meat as fast as you can, accept all gifts from the UPS guy, and everywhere you go, go as fast as you can.









This is what foster mom calls "Oliver TV" aka "Cow TV". I can just sit and watch the cows in the pasture on the other side of the pond forev--oooh wait, Pete just showed up - it's time to go play. No time for TV.


4 comments:

  1. That Oliver is a Busy Boy! Cow TV looks like fun - nice pond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Oliver! I've been waiting and waiting for some news about you and your family. How's it going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you think he will be with children? I just adorable him

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oliver's Foster MomApril 14, 2010 at 10:40 AM

    Oliver likes playing with kids -- He is a bit rambunctious for smaller children. My husband says Oliver is the dog all young boys dream of having - he will play ball for hours, will follow them everywhere and will sleep snuggled up next to them.

    ReplyDelete