Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Progress




Oliver's take:

  • Today I discovered what "Brown can do for me". The UPS truck came and at first I was scared (it's very loud) but once I saw Pete hop up into the truck I ran over and realized the guy delivers treats! I hope he comes here every day!

  • Pete and I explored the woods and ran in the creek behind my foster home. We had a great time!

  • I finally got into the BIG truck all by myself today! My foster mom had been picking me up to get into any of our cars because I didn't think I could do it. But that all changed today when Pete jumped in the big truck all by himself so I figured I could, too. And I did. I got so excited that when foster mom opened the driver's door, I hopped back out so I could hop back in again. And when she leaned down to pick up little Celeste (my foster sister, a pom), I hopped back out and back in yet again just to show-off.


Here I am helping my foster mom get caught up on work in the office.

More stuff we have learned about Oliver and progress:
  • He will be a great running companion. Yes, we finally found something that Oliver likes more than Pete...running! On our walk today, I tried running with him for a while and during the time we were running he seemed completely content and not at all concerned about Pete. With that in mind, I did a little treadmill work with him this afternoon and it went really well. I think he'll be trotting along on it in no time.
  • He just learns so fast. Leash walking is going well, he will sit/lie down before entering/exiting, he does really well with "leave-it" - need to work on a little more because if leave the room, he doesn't "leave-it" (hey, it's chicken and so hard to resist). The house-breaking is still a work in progress though much improved. Either I'm not reading his signals or he's not giving them so starting tomorrow, we'll come up with a clear signal --like maybe a bell on the door or something.








1 comment: