Friday, March 12, 2010

The Magic Door




There is this magic door at my foster home that the other dogs and cat use. For days now, I have seen these guys disappear through the door and reappear on the other side and it was absolutely mystifying. I would either be stuck inside while all of them were outside or I would be outside looking in while they were all inside making faces at me. Today, that changed.

I was stuck outside watching through the window and saw Celeste, my foster sister, getting treats. That did it! I held my breath and raced through the magic door and ... there I was, safely on the other side. A little while later, they all went outside and I was stuck inside again. I raced back and forth from front door to back door, back door to front door, upstairs looking out the window - how the heck did they do that? Yeah, OK go ahead and laugh. It took several more hours for me to figure out that the magic door worked BOTH ways. But once I got it, there's no stopping me now. I've been going in and out and in and out and in and out...






My take on Oliver: One thing that I love about Oliver is that when he learns something, and particularly when he figures it out himself, you can just see the excitement. Like watching him go in and out the door over and over and over once he figured out it worked both ways!

1 comment: