Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nobody's Perfect



I am a super, great guy! But every once in a while I slip up, but, hey, don't we all. This week, I've given foster mom a lot of laughs (some of them have been exasperated laughs, but still). I have discovered that I can reach things on the countertop and, more importantly, there is food up there! Unfortunately, I'm not very stealth in my methods and when the clanging and banging starts, foster mom appears in the doorway. Uh, Oh. I found where Celeste's (my foster sister) bowl is kept when she is finished eating and knocked it down. And before I could get all the chicken eaten, foster mom was right there, put me out and closed the magic door. I decided I should climb in the window to help her clean it up but got into trouble again (apparently, I'm not supposed to do that, either). She said something about me getting too big for my britches which doesn't make any sense to me because I don't wear britches. And then there this really fun stuff that rolls and shreds into tiny pieces --what fun! But I'm not supposed to do that either. I do have a lot of other stuff that is OK for me to take...like Kongs and balls and ropes. I like to take all of them all outside to play with them. And when there aren't any more left inside, I start looking for other stuff...like shoes! I like playing with shoes. I don't tear them up, just like tossing them around but I get into trouble for that. And you never know where she is going to be, either. One time, I came running inside using the magic door through the kitchen and went into the utility room just to see what was there. I found a doggie brush. Hmmm...this seems like fun. So, I grabbed it and headed back through the kitchen on my way outside. And from nowhere, "Where do you think you're going with that?". Uh, oh...busted. Well... see ...technically it is a "doggie" brush so it was mine to take, right? She was sitting there watching me the whole time. I've gotta be more alert.

My take on Oliver: He's a little bit mischievous and I'm not sure what is going on with his new collecting habit. I catch him taking all kinds of things outside: the whisk broom from the garage, a laser level (maybe he has a project?), shoes (I am notorious for leaving my shoes around and now they are scattered all over the house) and, of course, toys. Since he no longer has to be on a leash in the house (over a week and no accidents!!! He's housebroken!!!), it's easier for him to get into trouble. If I'm missing something, it's probably outside.

1 comment: