Friday, March 12, 2010

It's Been a Gold Star Day!

Gold Star One: My foster mom took me on a trip today, this time to the vet (something about stinky ears - I don't know what it is with her and odors, I think my ears smell just fine). I liked going to the vet and was on my best behavior while there. Everybody loves me there and they all tell me how handsome and sweet I am. And I didn't mind a bit that they were messing all around with my ears and even behaved while they put medicine in them. When I came out of the little room and into the big room with all the people and other animals, I saw a goat! A real goat! Picture is proof:


And you know what I did? Nothin' much - just sniffed around in the air a bit and then turned around to see what/who else was there. No growling, no hackles raised, nothing like that - I wasn't really interested. I took note of the other dogs and cats there and just sat down taking it all in. Foster mom said that I did great and she sure was glad my foster brother wasn't there because he wouldn't have behaved himself if he saw a goat. Gold stars for me!

Gold Star Two: I walked on the treadmill tonight! The past two times my foster mom worked with me, I couldn't figure out how to get all four of my legs to move together. I would either move both my front legs and my back ones would be in a "braking" mode or move my back legs and the front legs would be "braking". Even on those days, she said I did great because I had the most important thing licked...I wasn't afraid of it. Well, who would be? There is chicken all over this thing! But tonight, I walked on it with all four legs and foster mom was so excited. I got lots of belly rubs and, most importantly, chicken. I hope we get to do that again tomorrow! Gold stars for me!


Gold Star Three: I figured out how to use the magic doggie door all by myself! Nobody would show me how so I just did it! Gold stars for me!


Gold Star Four: Well, foster mom says she's not quite ready to give me a full star for this quite yet but I think I'm ready! It's been two days now and no accidents in the house! I think I deserve gold stars for this one - I just know I've got it now!

My take on Oliver: He had a great day today! I was very impressed with his demeanor at the vet's office and it is so much fun watching him figure things out.
Note to self: Not a good idea to leave a strawberry milkshake in the cup holder if you leave Oliver in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment