Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Good Morning!


This is how I wake up foster mom in the mornings - put my head on her chest and breath hard until she opens her eyes and finally gets up to let me outside. Sometimes I get out of bed before she wakes and run downstairs to wake Pete up to play but shhhhh...she doesn't know that. Then I'll come back upstairs, hop back in bed and wake her up like I've been there the whole time. Once we've all been outside to do our business in the mornings, we all pile in the bed with foster mom - there's me, Celeste (the fluffball), Pete, and the cat. Here we all are hanging out with foster mom while she's sleeping...or trying to. She usually gets up for good not long after we all pile in the bed muttering something about peace and quiet.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Oliver! Good to hear from you. It looks like you have an awesome foster family. (but I don't blame your foster Mom for getting up once you all pile on the bed!) I love hearing your stories - for some reason your pictures and stories just found their way right into my heart. I wish you could come live with me, but I live in California and I live in a place that doesn't allow pets. That's one of the bad things about CA - it's pretty darn hard to find landlords that allow you to have animal friends.So until the time comes when I can have an animal pal of my own, I just to have to follow animals and root for them to find their forever homes. love lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!! Love to see our bully friends being loved!! THANK YOU FOR LOVING THEM....its great!!!

    @ Lisa... You know a really great way to feel awesome is to send 20bucks here and there.. and if you dont feel comfortable sending monies... Send old blankets or toys or Send them some food!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Oliver is adorable. I just moved to Durham two months ago to do a post-doc at Duke. I live in a 2br house with a big fenced in yard. I already have two dogs (a Husky and an Aussie mix), but the Husky is making his last rounds in this life. So long as Oliver gets along with my pups, I could be interested in adopting him. As someone who used to foster and do animal rescue, I appreciate the importance of finding them permanent homes. So, if he is still available, feel free to give me a call at (717) 701-1974. It would be nice to arrange a "play session" for my pups and Oliver. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete